I'm always running behind because I'm always running. I grossly underestimated the effort I need to put into training to get ready for the half in August. I'm neglecting all things on the "to do" list, which isn't smart since I'm hosting a family reunion this week. My legs hurt all the time and I'm breaking out really bad since apparently I've never really sweat before now. Worth it? I really hope so. On the upside of things, I recently ran in another 5k and did better than my last one. I finished in 34:14.9 (11 minute mile). I'm pretty happy about that since the beloved side stitch came to visit me this race and didn't leave until after I finished(it was brutal). I felt bad for my friend who was running beside me and had to listen to me gasping the whole time. I'm learning that I can run inspite of these wonderful things, although I gotta say I'll take peeing my pants over that any day.
First starting out
Jeff and the girls showed up at the beginning without me knowing so they played on the playground and had some of their own fun
I love her excitement
Sisters
Crossing the finish line
Pure agony on my face, I kept thinking "don't throw up"
Looking at our finish time
Really?
We all kind of took up running at the same time. Misery loves company!



4 comments:
Way to go! I admire you so much and all you do. I thinking running is a great stress relief I will be happy when I can run again. Thanks for your comment. I am doing well. They took out 17 lymph nodes on my dad and all came back cancer free (which means it probably hasn't metastasized). I think they may have gotten all in surgery they are going to do chemo as a precaution. I am hoping after the baby comes I will be able to visit him and you guys all my friends that I miss in Utah. You guys are the best we love you guys!
Good Times!!! Those pictures make me want to run MORE - only because I hate looking at my fat butt :)
The after party was awesome! You guys are great :)
I haven't blogged in forever! That was a great race. Man, I hate seeing pics of myself...argh!
Post a Comment