Jeff
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Not everyone appreciates a good laugh
Last night we were watching some family videos for FHE, and as usual couldn't believe how quickly our girls are growing up and how many moments we wish we had captured, but didn't. Lisa and I couldn't help but laugh at how cute, for instance, Abby was at 1 year old and we had forgotten how funny her walk/prance was when she first learned to walk. Or how cute some of Emma's faces are when she pouts or gets excited. And how cute Mads was with short hair! (She wants to cut it immediately after remembering what she looked like with short hair.) We were all enjoying the moments we were remembering, except for little Emma. She went and hid in the corner and did not want to be involved at all. She is very sensitive to laughing, and generally associates it with making fun of another person, not necessarily laughing at the situation or moment. She couldn't tell that we were just laughing at the funny things the kids were doing on the video, but thought we were laughing AT HER ON THE VIDEO. It was sad to see how sensitive she is and makes us anxious for how she will deal with people actually laughing AT HER and making FUN OF HER as she grows up. How will she deal with that? How will we deal with that? I can't handle when her feelings are hurt, it is the saddest thing I have ever seen. How will I deal with other kids when they make fun of my little angel? That's a question that is too hard to answer today, but I know I'm not ready for that yet. Anyway, just a passing thought for the day...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I wish everyone could just love everyone. Then we wouldn't have to worry about kids being mean to our angels. It's so sad. I hope Emma is always surrounded by people who love her.
thanks for your nice comment..i would love to have you email me. sarahmariecowan@gmail.com
It's hard to believe that anyone would ever laugh or make fun of a sweet angel like Emma. In my experience throughout junior high and highschool there were a few kids with down syndrome or other special needs. They were probably the most popular kids in school and everyone absolutley LOVED them and surrounded them with love. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I think for the most part people will view Emma as "Perfect" and just love her to pieces.
Jeff, i noticed that when we were babysitting. Emma was copying maddy and i giggled because it was so cute, she got this really pouty face and maddy told me she thought i was making fun of her! it made me feel so bad and i went and kissed her cheek. I think before Emma came to this earth she knew what her handicap would entail. She's obviously already very sensitive to it but it which makes me think she knew beforehand that would be one of the hardest things to deal with, but she "signed up" for it anyway. Emma is a very special person and I can't wait to meet her with her full health on the other side as well as watch her grow up here, now. You guys are great parent's and someone as special as Emma couldn't have come to just anyone.
Lisa - I had Hormonal acne pretty bad. The dermatologist tried to treat my acne like teenage acne and it just made it worse. After trying tons of different remedies, In desperation for any help I went to a esthitician (sp?) and she took one look at my face and said "I can't do anything for you, because this is hormonal acne and anything I do will only make it worse" She had suffered from the same thing so she totally knew. She gave me these reccommendations.
Birth Control
Spirinolactone
Retin-a cream
I am now using birth control (tri-sprintec) and spirinolactone. I tried SO many things and nothing was working. I don't know why I didn't put two and two together sooner. I was always on birth control after Maleah and Aubree, but after I had Kendra I decided not to go on it. I just started it in August when she was 14 months old. I suffered pretty badly with acne for over a year after she was born. Now I have the scars to prove it. I also use a retin-a cream every other night. I just seriously am SO grateful that it's under control. I can handle a few zits at a time, but it was SO bad and it hurt. It's destroying to your self esteem. Anyways, I've never noticed you having acne but I hope you find something that helps. For me it was my hormones and nothing topical would help at all. It had to be something that worked from the inside out.
Post a Comment