Sunday, March 21, 2010

World Down syndrome day

3-21 is World Down syndrome day! Down syndrome is also known as trisomy 21, because there are 3 copies of the 21st chromosome. Check out more info here. In honor of Emma, here are 21 things we love about her:

  1. Her laugh
  2. Her stubby fingers
  3. Her ears
  4. Her belly
  5. The way she eats ice cream
  6. The way she says "I love it"
  7. Her plop
  8. The way she loves to dance
  9. Her epicanthal folds
  10. The way she signs I love you
  11. Her pidgeon toed walk
  12. The gaps between her toes
  13. Her kisses
  14. How she always gives herself wedgies on purpose
  15. How she acts out movies, scene for scene, when we watch them
  16. Her sleeping positions
  17. Her perseverance
  18. Her wave
  19. Her run
  20. Her lips
  21. How she never gets sick of chicken nuggets

5 comments:

Niki said...

Yeah for Emma! We love you and all of your chromosomes.

~Tiffany said...

Love it- I can see all those "loves" about Emma too!! What a special girl- love you Em!!

Shelley Eggett said...

I love that girl! You really just can't help but love her.

Karrie said...

love ya ---

Michelle said...

What a sweetie!! She is so adorable!