(photo courtesy of melskitchencafe.com). My favorite foodie.
I've had Emma home sick since last Wednesday and I'm telling you the strongest of people would feel crazy by now. Love her, but she can be HARD to take care of-especially when she's sick and her sugars run rampant. This is nothing new, a sleep disorder and increased incidence of illness are major factors of her challenging behavior. I understand a lot about what is contributing to the way she acts on a hard day, but it still wears me thin. It wears the whole family thin. Several days of this will produce what I call "a crash day". It was 5+ days today, so the girls and I were feeling the "crash". Crash day, combined with Dental and Doctor appointments, felt just shy of madness. Really. Normally, a crash day will consist of pajamas and movies all day long. I'm not lying when I say it's the most I can do on some crash days.
Before Celiac disease entered our life, a day like today would end with a trip through the drive thru. On my way home from our last appointment tonight, I realized I couldn't just stop somewhere and grab dinner. I felt an emotional battle. For me, going gluten free, killed simplicity or what was left of it in our life. I came home bound and determined to find a solution for hungry, ornery girls and a depleted momma.
The solution-breakfast for dinner. Pancakes(gluten free of course), scrambled eggs and hot cocoa were winners tonight. The girls inhaled every last bite without a word of complaint. It was the perfect ending to a cold, blustery, crazy, draining, "crash" day. I so needed it.




2 comments:
Glad your day ended well, those days are so hard! You amaze me with your strength, you are truly blessed!!!! Hope today is a "normal" day!
love ya
K
Sorry Emma has been sick!
Post a Comment