Happy Birthday today to Abby Lynn! Emma woke up early and couldn't wait for Abby to wake up on her own, so she helped. She was still a little groggy eating her banana cupcakes that Nan made for her, but enjoyed them nonetheless. It just so happens that Abby's birthday fell on the same day that High School Musical 3 comes out in theaters, so we've been planning a themed day around that. For a 2-year-old? Yep, she's also a huge fan of Troy and Gabriella. She had the usual 'stay-at-home-and-get-beat-up-by-Emma' day until we all got together for the 5:45 showing of HSM3. Nan and Papa met up with us at Pier 49 pizza next to the theater around 4:30 and we chowed some pizza and breadsticks (YUMMY!!!) quickly and then got in line for the show. We had to make sure we were early enough to save seats for all 11 of us that were going (Jeff, Lisa, Madison, Emma, Abby, Nan, Papa, Ryan, Kristen, Brittany, and Troy). It was a really cute show, our personal favorite of the trilogy, despite the typical roll-your-eyes cheesy moments the previous 2 also had. The girls, though, absolutely loved every second of it. Abby was clapping and bouncing up and down almost the whole time. She would also break into a little adorable head nod during some of the song/dance routines. Madison is getting to the age of self-conciousness, which makes me really sad, and wouldn't allow herself to get into the shoulder shimmy and all-out dancing that she so often breaks into in the comfort of her home. I will be excited when we can get a copy on DVD to watch at home. That will be a treat to watch the girls as they watch the movie again. Emma also loved it and it actually captured her attention for the full 2 hours which is an amazing feet with her oh-so-short attention span. Randy, Ryan, and Troy were funny to watch as they rolled their eyes at the cheesy moments, but they were champs and suffered through with us (I think they secretly liked it, though). After the show, we went back home, opened presents, and ate birthday cupcakes. Julie gave Abby a cute little HSM backpack that immediately became glued to her back. She wouldn't even take it off to go to bed and started crying when I attempted to take it off. So, she fell asleep while laying on top of the backpack on her back. It was a fun day, another successful birthday. She's growing up to fast, though, and we all said at least once today that we wish we could just freeze Abby right now because she is so much fun and adds a ton of humor and smiles to our lives every day. It's heaven to have her right now! God knew we would need a positive distraction each day to help us get through some of the tough times we've experienced with Emma the last couple years. Thanks heavens for Abby today! Happy Birthday Rabbit!
"I'm 2 today"
She was so excited when she opened her HSM
cheerleading outfit. The girls loved playing with the
pom-poms and got a lot of attention from
other movie goers while we waited in line.
Abby the Wildcat cheerleader. GO TEAM!
Maddy and Emma also had HSM shirts
for the occasion. Oh, they melt me! I'm
the luckiest dad in the world.
Abby's cupcake tree that Lisa and Julie made.

Emma was struggling with all the attention Abby
was getting, so she went off and pouted.
Her pouty lip is so sad...
A collection of pics from the day.
Notice the last pic of Abby in bed with her backpack
that she wouldn't go to sleep without wearing!



3 comments:
Happy Birthday Abby!!! Sorry we missed your big "2nd" B-day!!! Good luck Jeff and Lisa!! We love you all and love hearing about your everyday lives and now feel like we can be a part of it and see what is happening!!! Cute, cute picts and sounds like a fun day!!! Love Aunt Tiff
Jeff impressive...I don't think I could ever get Chris to do a post. We miss you guys, it looks like the birthday was a lot of fun! Maybe we should take Kaden to see HSM3 we haven't dared go to a show since Kung Fu Panda he just doesn't sit still. Tell Abby happy belated b-day for us.
Jeff I'm very impressed!! Kent wouldn't have a clue how to blog. Looks like I need to be teaching him.
Abby is darling, I can't believe she is 2 already. All 3 of your girls just look like so much fun. Don't you love having 3 girls?
I'm glad you told me about your blog Lisa - I'm sure I'll be checking in often.
Post a Comment