Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pre-op for Jeff

Finally, somebody in this family gets to have surgery besides Emma!!!  Yeah!  (can you sense my sarcasm...)  Today I had my pre-op appointment for shoulder surgery next week.  I have a torn labrum, a cist that needs removed, and a lot of scar tissue to clean up.  Owen, the surgical assistant, is the one I met with and we went over what to expect before surgery, nerve blocks, medical history, post-op care, physical therapy, follow-up, etc.  Dr. Paul Ritchie in American Fork is the surgeon.  I'm so nervous going into surgery because I'm worried about not being able to help Lisa as much as usual.  She'll have quite a load with me in a sling for 5 weeks and limited use thereafter for a few months.  But, the pain has increasingly gotten worse to where I don't see an option to wait this out any longer.  I'm sad that I won't get to hang Christmas lights this year.  It's always a highlight for me this time of year as it gets me in the holiday spirit sooner.  Anyway, surgery is next Wednesday morning.....

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Dr. Ritchie is great! I have taken care of a lot of his patients and they have good outcomes! I'll have to visit when I am in town and give Lisa a break!