Friday, April 17, 2009

Why do we torture ourselves for health's sake?



Lisa has been training for a 5k run, which has finally arrived tomorrow morning.  She's excited/nervous/regretting not training more/anxious/nervous again.  It's been so fun to watch her work towards this goal and race day has finally arrived.  We already ran the full 3.1 miles last Saturday, much to my dismay, 'cause Lisa wanted to make sure she could do it.  I kept telling her "if you can run 2-2.5 miles, you'll be fine come race day with all the energy,  and adrenaline."  I guess I'm not a very good coach.  She's been reading more articles in my running magazine than me and has all kinds of questions for me (like I'm a good runner, or something, which I definitely am not).  But, it's been fun to see her excitement grow.  Mads is also running tomorrow in the kids 1k run/walk.  She's like her mom, and was scared she wouldn't be able to finish, so tonight we went out and ran/walked it so she knew how far it would be.  Now she's feeling a little more confident.  Wish us luck!


"The miracle isn't that I finished, the miracle is I had the courage to start."
John Bingham

1 comment:

jonkas said...

Good luck! The fun part is just saying you've done one and finishing it. I did the 5k on 4th of July last summer--my first--wasn't nearly ready, but I've accomplished one--that was the best part!! You'll do great!! Love ya!