Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Appreciate your pancreas-it works hard

 At the end of the day my head hurts from fighting mission impossible.  Normal blood sugars probably run around 80-120ish, Emma's target range is 150.  Here are Emma's numbers from the day:  240,73,321,161,303,178,481 and 50.  Despite my best efforts, the disease won today's round.  She normally will only run high when she is sick(she has a cold), so I am trying to figure out what is causing the low's.  The problem is that diabetes has such a LONG list to choose from.  With such promising numbers, I am preparing to settle in for a long night subbing as Em's pancreas!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Adriane said...

Wow, that's such a range! Tough day. Does Emma do ok with getting her finger pricked? I hope you had a better night.

Shelley Eggett said...

I'm sorry Lisa!! I feel so bad for You and Emma. I can imagine she feels like crap when her levels are going up and down like that. Poor Girl!! You are an incredible mother! Hang in there.