Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Movie night Kung Fu style

So, we saw Kung Fu Panda in the theater, but have been excited for it to come out on DVD to watch it again.  I rented it and watched it with Mads tonight and we laughed our heads off again!  Love, love, love Jack Black as the panda.  If you haven't seen it yet, I recommend it for some good, clean laughs.  I'm not one that usually looks for the meaning in movies.  I rather watch them just for entertainment purposes and then when people talk about the theme or message, I just give blank stares.  However, I have to say I like the way this movie portrays this message:

There is no 'secret ingredient' to be your best self.  Only that you must believe in yourself.

There, I found a theme in a movie.  Don't expect to see that everyday, though.  Anyhoo, food for thought if you want a clean movie to watch with the kiddos.  (There are some kung fu fight scenes that may be a little lively for some youngsters, however.  Mads and I just fast forwarded those.)

Jeff

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

we saw that one with you guys! It was pretty funny!

Shelley Eggett said...

Good to know. We haven't seen that, we will have to rent it.

Dayna said...

My kids love love love that movie. I never thought of fast forwarding through the fight scenes..good idea! By the way, my number is 801-798-0590. We would love to help put up Christmas decorations. We miss you guys!!

jonkas said...

Jon loves that movie--me and the boys just bought it for him for his birthday---he laughs so hard he almost makes himself cry!!! He says he sympathizes with the "chubby" panda and all the jokes!!