The dreaded day finally came for Jeff. What originally was supposed to be in the morning ended up starting at 5:00 at night. The surgery lasted almost 2 hours and after some time in recovery we arrived home at 10. The day of surgery was a day of frustration for Jeff; he was fasting, his surgery kept getting pushed back, his nerve block didn't take the first time. Thankfully the surgery went really smooth! He was really miserable coming out of surgery but after he was able to FINALLY eat something he perked up a lot. The doctor said shoulder repair is really painful but right now he is not in a lot of pain. His doctor manages the pain pretty aggressively with a nerve block(optional-but definately a yes for Jeff) and a pump that is attached to his shoulder that delivers medicine every 30 minutes. The nerve block only lasts 18-24 hours and the pump comes off on saturday. So it won't be long until he will be really miserable. We have his mom here to help for a couple of days-thanks Kathy. His shoulder is officially fixed and will be back to normal in 6-8 months. He has a rough few months ahead with his arm stuck in a sling for at least 4-5 weeks, followed by therapy.
Waiting for surgery
CINDERELLA MAN!
Right before they took him back the nurse gave him a sticker, it was so funny!
This is how he looked right out of surgery
I asked him how he was doing and this is what I got-a roll
After he got some food he was more fun to be around
I tried taking his picture many times but he had a good time ruining my efforts at documenting this special occasion. I threatened to post them all even though it was sooooo funny!
Drugs make me happy!!!!
This is what happens when you can't use both arms and your cracker falls out of your mouth!



6 comments:
Hope Jeff has a quick recovery. This post was funny.
Jeff I never knew you druggie. Lisa you will have to watch him now those things are addicting. Just kidding. I am glad all went well. I didn't even know you had a bad shoulder.
Oh Goodness, I feel bad for him. That is a very long recovery, I feel bad for you too :)
Good Luck!!
looks eventful...good luck with one arm!
I like the funny "on drugs" picture. Hope Jeff starts feeling better quickly. Let us know if we can ever help with anything!
I think it is hilarious that you snapped a pic first of him and his cracker! :D
Good luck with recovery, hope it goes quickly!
Post a Comment